Do you have an idea for a product or service? Have you always wanted to start your own business or just transform your current organization? Or are you looking to make a meaningful career change and cultivate the confidence and creativity that are essential for thriving in today’s rapidly changing world?
If so, sign up for free online self-paced Entrepreneurial Mindset Training and begin transforming your career opportunities and life. This program is available to all Georgia public library patrons. The course is funded through Georgia Public Library Service to give all libraries a tool to help patrons strengthen marketable skills.
Participants are prompted to engage in exercises that connect their life experience to that of successful entrepreneurs, develop a personal vision, interview a local entrepreneur, identify a problem they would like to solve and complete an opportunity canvas that helps them refine and validate their solution.
The program is inspired by book Who Owns the Ice House? Eight Life Lessons From an Unlikely Entrepreneur, which tells the true-life story of Pulitzer nominee Clifton Taulbert and the life-changing influence of an “unlikely” entrepreneur. The Ice House Entrepreneurship Program exposes the underlying logic, the methods, and processes that enable other everyday entrepreneurs to succeed.
During the course, participants will also learn how to:
- Recognize opportunities that others overlook. Drawing from best practices in design thinking, you will learn how to discover opportunities that are hiding in plain sight.
- Master the art of bootstrapping. You will learn how cash-strapped entrepreneurs manage to identify, evaluate and transform their ideas into a sustainable success.
- Develop a success network that will enable you to avoid costly mistakes, reduce the learning curve and accelerate your growth.
- Identify and overcome the self-imposed limitations that may be holding you back.
- Tap into a mindset that will inspire and empower you to create a path toward a more meaningful and prosperous life regardless of where you start.
The course is based on in-depth research that was funded by CISCO System’s Entrepreneurship Institute and the Marion Ewing Kauffman Foundation and conducted by the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative. Access the Mindset course (NOTE: You will need your GALILEO password. If you don’t know it, ask a friendly staff member at your local library.):